Headway emergency fund
Grants of up to £500 are available in the immediate aftermath of brain injury, to help adult brain injury survivors and their families cope with the sudden practical implications.
The fund can cover:
- Travel costs for families visiting relatives in hospital or rehabilitation
- Travel costs to outpatient appointments relating to the brain injury
- Emergency accommodation costs
- Essential white goods, e.g. a cooker or a fridge
- Other family costs in the immediate aftermath of brain injury
- A one week self-catered carer’s break at a cottage in Pickering, Yorkshire
The fund cannot cover:
- Taxi journeys
- Mortgage or rent payments
- Everyday household expenses
- Private medical treatment
- Utility bills
- Items or services that are the responsibility of the local authority or NHS to provide
- Funeral costs
How to apply
You can make your application direct to Headway UK by downloading an Emergency Fund application form.
If you need any further help to fill in the application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 640 8413.
If you need help to complete the application form, contact us and we will be happy to help.
For further information about the application and decision-making process, visit the Headway UK Emergency Fund page.